Careers at Alice Street Medical
While we pride ourselves on staff retention, opportunities do arise to join our team. Our practice manager is always happy to hear from people who are interested in joining the practice. For expressions of interest, please email us.
At Alice Street Medical Centre, we understand the backbone of any good general practice is their administrative and support staff. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly environment and enjoy the “family” feel of the practice.
General Practice Nursing
Alice Street Medical Centre has always understood the importance of quality general practice nursing. We have a passionate team who are highly motivated to provide the best care for our patients. The practice takes great pride in encouraging advanced training for our nursing staff and provides opportunities for ongoing professional development.
We currently have nurses on staff who have special interests in specialised wound care clinics, chronic disease management, Department of veteran affairs coordination, and nurse provided women’s health consultations including cervical screening. The facilities provided for our nursing staff reflect the importance of great nursing support in general practice, with dedicated nursing bays situated between two nursing offices.
Our nurses work at an average ratio of 1 nurse to 2-3 doctors. Nursing support is provided by our medical assistants.
Doctors are strongly supported by both administration and nursing staff at Alice Street. The practice has always remained owned by General practitioners and has a low turnover of staff. We strive to maintain the feel of a family owned general practice, with a focus on continuity of care in a rural environment, and strongly oppose the corporatisation of general practice. The practice is set up to enable doctors to tailor their clinics to their interest and provides an excellent opportunity to expand your practice. The doctors are supported by:
- Full time nursing support with nurses dedicated to Wound care, chronic disease, DVA coordination, and nurse provided cervical screening tests. Nurses rostered at approximately 1 nurse for 2-3 doctors. Nurses have 2 dedicated nursing bays and 2 consulting rooms.
- Procedural support via medical assistants and registered nurses.
- Onsite, full time senior administration support via onsite practice manager and assistant practice manager 5 days per week.
- Full time reception/administration support averaging 1 receptionist to 2 doctors.
- Dedicated procedure room with gynaecology couch.
- DermDOc Digital Dermoscopy for skin checks
- Onsite point of care ultrasound
- Emergency procedural room for repair of lacerations and facilities for plaster/fiberglass casting of fractures.
- Access to onsite equipment including ABPI machine, ambulatory blood pressure machine, slit lamp, ultrasound, ECG and Spirometry.
- Close relationship with multiple specialties including onsite holter monitor fitting and onsite sleep study fitting
All doctors at Alice Street Medical Centre have the option of private admitting rights at the Atherton Hospital (depending on scope of practice). This allows those doctors to provide continuity of care to their patients while an inpatient in hospital. The doctors provide afterhours on call cover on a rotational basis via the Southern Tablelands Afterhours on call doctor with two other practices in Atherton. The practice continues a close relationship with local General Practice Training Hubs and have the opportunity to continue medical education and mentorship support.